Thursday, September 29, 2005

It is up to 8.8 Million

House Minority Leader Lynn Finnegann released another report and this Idiotic must "Stupid" piece of legislation. This has sucked out of our economy 8.8 million in less than one month.

Today, the gas cap raised Hawaii's gas price an average 26 cents a gallon above what gas would have cost without the cap. The House Minority Caucus' tenth daily report on the gas cap's cost to Hawaii's consumers shows that over the 28 day period since the gas cap began Sept. 1, Hawaii consumers have paid an extra $8.8 million for gasoline. And the cost rises daily.

In the period since the gas cap began Sept. 1, AAA data shows that the difference between gas price increases in Washington and Oregon on one hand (up 6 cents a gallon from Sept. 1's average of $2.80 gallon), and Hawaii's gasoline price increase on the other (up 32 cents from $2.95 a gallon on Sept. 1) works out to 26 cents a gallon. Thus, 26 cents a gallon represents the gas cap's current actual cost to Hawaii consumers.

Washington and Oregon, like Hawaii, buy all their oil from Asia and Alaska. All three states import no oil from Gulf ports or anywhere else on the mainland. This means consumers in Washington, Oregon, and Hawaii would be looking at nearly identical price increases since Sept. 1, if there were no gas cap.

The gas cap is based on Gulf port and New York prices, prices severely affected by events in that part of the country. For that reason, Hawaii's gas price has increased 32 cents a gallon from the time the gas cap began Sept. 1, or 26 cents above Washington-Oregon's 6 cents price increase. Of course Washington and Oregon's prices, unlike Hawaii's, are unaffected by Eastern U.S. gasoline prices. If we got rid of the gas cap and its imposition of East and Gulf Coast prices on our gasoline, today's Hawaii gas price could drop by 26 cents a gallon.

Thank you Ms. Zimmerman of The Hawaii Reporter

I bet you are wondering why I talk about this so much. Why don’t I just get a Prius and get rid of my Truck. I would if I could but I can’t. My Truck is my livelihood. I can’t loud 15 sheets of plywood on a Prius. I can not get a smaller truck as I need to carrier as much materials and supplies I can. Clients are not going to pay me extra because six months ago price of gas prices was substantially lower than they are now. That is why these egotistical, robbing money out of my pockets legislatures are in my sights and coming the next election I promise that I will do everything in my will power not to allow them to ever get in office again, Sen. Menor you are #1 on this list.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger gastips said...

Nice Blog! Its great how useful the internet can be with its wealth of information. I will try and visit you blog on a regular basis to help you out.

If you want any Gas Saving Tips feel free to visit gas prices in michigan

See ya soon.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home