Thursday, September 29, 2005

Lawmakers Ignorance

Another great article at Hawaii Reporter writen by Lowell L. Kalapa of tax Fundation of Hawaii Read it hear

It is truly amazing that lawmakers continue to swim against the tide of common sense and basic economics and still insist that they are right. Lesson after economic lesson is ignored and lawmakers still insist on plowing ahead in the same direction.

In the late 1980s observers cautioned against the drunken spending spree state leaders enjoyed, pointing out that money should be saved for a rainy day, but none of that sunk in at the state Capitol. Then when Hawaii’s economic malaise became a reality, lawmakers figured that they could "fix" the economy with a passel of gimmicks called tax credits and tax incentives. Again, state leaders were cautioned that those tax incentives came at a price to all other taxpayers and again those critics were ignored.



Aloha

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Bill Millan said...

I live in Waikiki and enjoy your blog. I moderate a political thread on Silicon Investor [$] http://www.siliconinvestor.com/subject.aspx?subjectid=53920 and have posted a good bit on our gas cap. Keep up the good work!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger gastips said...

Nice Blog! Its great how useful the internet can be with its wealth of information. I will try and visit you blog on a regular basis to help you out.

If you want any Gas Saving Tips feel free to visit msn gas prices

See ya soon.. :)

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home